- Download 3
- File Size 5.97 MB
- Create Date 14/04/2023
Analyzing how the role of ASEAN economies in global value chains has helped spur their recovery and cut poverty, this publication shows the need to future-proof these critical networks to ensure inclusive, sustainable, and greener growth.
It explains how the expansion of cross-border trade networks has helped Southeast Asian economies bolster manufacturing and spark a wave of job creation and innovation. On the flipside, it considers the associated environmental impact and social inequality. Highlighting systemic shocks to global trade, it explains how economic momentum, stronger institutions, and more inclusive growth can help mitigate risks and build resilient economies.
- Toward Future-Proofing Global Value Chains
- The State of Play of ASEAN Global Value Chains
- Jobs and Global Value Chains in Southeast Asia
- Technology, Global Value Chains, and Jobs: Continuing ASEAN’s Role in Transformed Global Value Chains
- Decarbonization and Global Value Chains in ASEAN
- Scenarios for a Global "New Normal" and ASEAN Global Value Chains